Deep-Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie for One
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 Tbsp unrefined granulated sugar, such as evaporated cane juice
- 1/2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp beaten egg, preferably organic (cover & chill remaining beaten egg for tomorrow’s cookie cup… you will be making another one!)
- tiny splash pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 Tbsp whole wheat pastry flour (can substitute with 3:1 of cake flour and all purpose flour)
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- tiny pinch salt
- heaping 1 Tbsp grain-sweetened chocolate chips, such as Sunspire
In a small ramekin or microwavable cup, combine softened butter and both sugars; stir well with a spoon. Stir in beaten egg and vanilla extract. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Microwave on high for 35-40 seconds. Let cookie rest at room temperature for about 10 seconds before devouring.
253.2 calories, 13.8 grams fat, 8.4 grams saturated fat, 2.9 grams fiber, 17.5 grams sugars, 2.4 grams protein
Arthur Shappey’s Toblerone Cookies
Sorry St Petersburg-ians, I’m afraid you might have to sit this one out – but everyone else, be sure to pick up a Toblerone next time you pass through an airport because these are not to be missed! In true Cabin Pressure style, it took us three attempts to perfect this recipe, because we knew exactly what we wanted for Arthur’s dream-bake: fat, indulgent cookies, studded with giant chunks of Toblerone, melty soft in the middle with that unique chocolate-honey-nougat flavour soaked all the way through. And lucky for him we cracked it, because this cookie recipe is as close to perfect as we’ve ever baked! Yellow car!
Ingredients (for about 16)
- 150g butter
- 75g caster sugar
- 50g light, soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 175g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Toblerone! I used a standard 100g bar, but ideally you’d want about one and a half. If I were doing this again I’d hunt down a milk and white Toblerone and use two thirds of each, but feel free to pick your own favourite flavours.
Also, I can’t officially endorse this
because I’m an idiot and left the bottle at Amy’s so couldn’t try itbut it might be nice to splash a bit of almond extract in there to bring out the nutty flavour in the chocolate. Your call!
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4, 180°C or 350°F. Grease and line a couple of baking trays.
- Cream the butter with the white and brown sugar.
- Beat the egg, vanilla and honey together and pour in gradually while stirring.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mix and beat into a smooth dough.
- Chop up the Toblerone then work it into the dough.
- Glop the dough onto the tray, using a big teaspoon’s worth for each cookie. Make sure to give them enough space to expand.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. It’s important not to leave these in for too long, otherwise you lose that gorgeous gooey centre! Whip them out as soon as the top is golden and crispy.
- Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.